L'oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain Review and Lilac Ever After Swatches

When I heard that L'oreal was coming out with a Shine Stain that was supposed to Rival YSL's version I was so excited and I was hoping that the Caresse would be a really good dupe since L'oreal owns YSL.

I will say right up front that I don't see much difference between the two, except that the YSL version might be a tad more pigmented.  But the formula seems the same, and they even have the same perfumey scent!
At around $11, L'oreal's version is totally worth it vs. YSL's hefty $32 price tag.

So being a lover of nude shades, I purchased Lilac Ever After, and the name is totally misleading since it's a pinky-nude- I didn't see any lilac in there at all!

The packaging is really nice, and I love that you can see the actual shade of the product through the  window in the sleek gold tube.




It has a flattened doe foot applicator, which I like because it's wide and you can swipe the product on really easily. It goes on smooth and glossy and sets in about 30 seconds or so.  The glossiness lasted a few hours, which really surprised me! It gradually matted down over time, and while it had a slightly tacky feel, it wasn't sticky and added a lot of moisture to my lips. The color stayed for another few hours, so I was really impressed with this gloss.  I've heard that the darker colors last even longer than the lighter ones, so I'm excited to try more shades. 


Here's a swatch of Lilac Ever After on my hand: 

And here are my before and afters.  This shade is a "Your Lips but Better" color, and I'm so in love with it!  It came out a little lighter than it really is in the picture, but the swatch on my hand is a good representation of the color.

BEFORE:

AFTER:


I love, love this product!  It lasts a long time, doesn't dry out lips like other stains and has tons of gorgeous shades.  This is a win for L'oreal. 

Has anyone else tried these?  What do you think?


2 comments

  1. I'm always looking for a really subtle lip color, like just a hint, and this color seems perfect! I never get stains because theyre usually too dark. I cant wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the product just on your bottom lip?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig