L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review


As a big fan of L'Oreal's Magic Lumi primer, I was so excited to see True Match Lumi foundation hit the shelves last month.  This is actually L'Oreal's version of Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation that launched a while back.
(For those of you who don't know, Lancome is owned by L'Oreal). Even though the newest technology usually launches with Lancome first, eventually L'Oreal comes out with similar products with similar ingredients- sometimes a year later or more.  In this case, the ingredients between the two foundations are almost identical!  Both use a technology using Byron, "a silver liquid that's five times smaller than the mother-of-pearl used in traditional foundations.  It boosts the surface radiance of the skin to maximize radiance." This means a lit-from-within glow without using obvious sparkles.  Lancome calls it "Aura Inside" technology, and L'Oreal calls it "Liquid Light" technology.  What this means for you is, instead of paying $39 for Teint Miracle, give True Match Lumi a try for $12.95.

I've been using it for a while and I absolutely love it!  The original True Match was just ok for me, but this gives my dry skin a luminosity that it never usually has, which in turn makes me look younger.



Using the testers at the drugstore, I selected the shade Creamy Natural, which is a "Neutral shade".  It's actually a tiny bit yellow on me, as I have pink undertones.  I probably should have selected a "Cool" shade- next time I will.  But this one matches pretty well once blended.


True Match Lumi comes in a pump, which is awesome, and has a lightweight texture, thanks to it's 40% water content. But it's not sheer- it has medium coverage, and is very buildable.  It has a natural finish- not too matte or powdery, and not dewy either.  But thanks to the "Liquid Light Technology" it gives the impression of dewiness without a sticky feeling. Below, you can see how it gives the skin on my hand a glow similar to a pearlized effect, when the light hits it, rather than sparkly or shimmery. It also doesn't sink into fine lines- another plus!


True Match Lumi contains antioxidants, and Vitamins C & E to help improve your skins clarity and tone over time.
In L'Oreal's study, 80% of women saw visibly improved skin in 1 week, and in one month, skin is clearer, healthier and more luminous.
I can't speak for those benefits, since I've also been using new skincare products, so I'm not sure if any improvement is due to those, or to the foundation.  But I love the way this foundation feels, the finish and the coverage.
I'd love to hear from you if you've tried this, and what your experience has been.  How does it work on those of you with oily skin, or others who are dry like me, or combination?  If you haven't tried it yet, do you think you will?

Until next time....
Jenna

5 comments

  1. This is why I love this blog! I always learn something new. Who knew Lancome and Loreal could have such similar ingredients? I guess when you pay the extra $, you're paying to get these "hot" new ingredients before everyone else. But if you're willing to wait, you can save big bucks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First ever colored eye lash increaser that improves the overall look of eye lash. Apply twice per day.For broader, more some time to larger eye lash and eye-brows.Results seen in as little as One week.Physician developed and analyzed.Buy Your Eyebrows www.lashipix.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this foundation for a few weeks, and wanted to love it, but found that after a few hours my dry skin looked a little "too" luminous! Oily, in fact. I do like the coverage and found the perfect shade for my skin tone. But alas, it wasn't meant to be! On the hand, i tried, and LOVE, the Olay tone rehab foundation! It gives my more mature skin the perfect coverage with a beautiful...and stays that way all day!! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish! Thanks- I always like to hear from you guys to see how it works for you. I also liked Olay's Tone Rehab but it almost had a little bit of a powdery finish, which is just a matter of preference. I actually like it for summer to keep things matte, but I'm thinking I'll like Lumi even more in the winter when my skin is like the Sahara, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this stuff looks great! I got a few days worth of sample of Tient Miracle a few months ago at a Lancome counter and loved it, but couldn't bring myself to spend the big bucks. I think I will have to try this! (as soon as I work through some foundation I already have)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig