Revlon Triple Action Ultrasonic Conditioning Ceramic Straightener Review

Recently I was given the opportunity to try out a new flat iron from Revlon that can be used on wet or dry hair, and uses ultrasonic technology to deep condition your hair!
This straightener has three settings that you can use depending on your hair needs.  
The first setting is the ultrasonic wave setting.  You can use this on wet hair to help leave in conditioner penetrate your strands- no heat involved.
The second setting is heat only.  This setting is for dry hair only and basically acts like a normal straightener to smooth out and defrizz your hair.
The third setting is a combination of both heat and ultrasonic waves.  The packaging says that this works best on dry hair, but it can also be used on wet hair to dry and straighten in one step!  The ultrasonic waves help conditioners and styling products to penetrate the hair shaft for super silky results! 
Here are some packaging shots:




I am loving this flat iron, and have used all three settings with great results.  When using the ultrasonic settings, the iron hums a little, so you can hear it working!  I have really fine hair, so I sometimes worry about using too much heat, but the ultrasonic options on this iron make it a lot less damaging to the hair, and even help condition it!  

My favorite way to use it is: 
 To use the ultrasonic-only (no heat) setting on wet hair to let my conditioner penetrate.
Then I use a blow dryer to dry my hair to add volume.
Finally, I use the ultrasonic + heat combo to smooth over the top layer and smooth my bangs.  

My one complaint about this iron is that it does not allow you to change the temperature- it heats up to 400 degrees, which is pretty hot for someone with fine hair that doesn't need a lot of straightening.  But, I just make sure to pass it over each section quickly and not let it linger in my hair at all, and that seems to work great!  
This iron is available at Walmart for about $35.

Have you tried this iron yet?  I'm interested to hear from you guys to find out what you think!  


Disclaimer: This product was given to me free of charge in exchange for my review.  I was not paid to post this review, and all opinions are my own. 


2 comments

  1. I just had to tell u im 23 and short on cash and ur blog helps me out so much when it comes to beauty buying! I love it! Always looking out for new posts from you, so keep up the great work! You have no idea how much people like me appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) That's great to hear!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig