Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review and Swatches Honey and Precious

A stain that doesn't dry out your lips is something I had always hoped for but never found... but finally, (finally!), someone has come out with a solution.  Enter Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.  Like it's name it's a hybrid of a lip stain and a balm, and even though common sense tells you that anything moisturizing has to come off easily, this stuff packs some serious staying power!

I bought two shades: Honey (a rosy pink) and Precious (a nude).  They come in these cute chubby pencils that twist up, so you don't need to sharpen them.


Here are some swatches (Honey is on the left, Precious on the right). 
This one below was taken in bright sunlight:


This one below was taken indoors:


When first applied, they feel just like a lip balm and have a very faint minty scent.  They have a glossy finish at first, but that goes away pretty quickly- like within a half hour or so.  
But after the glossy-ness wears off, you're left with stained lips for hours.  The color soaks in, but your lips still feel moisturized for a long time, and mine never got dried out. 
After about 5 hours, I did start to notice the color in the middle of my lips fading, leaving a little bit more color around the outer edges.  

Here are some swatches on my lips: 

Bare Lips:

Precious:



Honey:



While Precious didn't add too much color to my lips, it's perfect for everyday or with casual outfits.
Honey added a pretty rosy glow to my lips and actually looks slightly darker in person than in the photos.  I usually wear it to work and it lasts most of the day- I just touch it up after lunch!

Have you tried these balm-stains?  What colors are your favorite?




8 comments

  1. I'm dying to get my hands on these. The colors are beautiful and the fact that it stays on all day without drying really impress me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Cherish and I think Darling. I love both of them. I tried Honey but it was way too dark on me so I returned it. I am wondering if I had gotten a dud as every review I see with Honey it looks great and MUCH lighter than the one I had. I really wanted to like it, too, as it looks like a beautiful color.

    I am VERY happy with the colors I have and they are currently my favorite lip product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ggggg, looking back at my post, Honey looks a bit lighter in the photos than in person, for sure. I wear it as a work shade, but it's a little too dark for casual use, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks so much for reviewing these! I wil let you now how Honey works out for me-if and when I buy it. Is Honey really that dark? I like my makeup to look natural-like me, just better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! I just discovered ur blog, luvin' it so far! I love all makeup, high end & drug store. I used to be snobbier towards drug store makeup,(not that I could really afford to be snobby lol- single mom, tight budget) I would just save my money up till I had enough to buy a couple higher end things I wanted. But I haven't even had to do that lately cuz the drugstore companies have really been kickin it up a notch, bigtime! I have all 12 shades of these, like the makeup whore that I am and I love them all! My faves are Rendevous, Smitten, Cherish, & Romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 shades as well: Sweetheart and Cherish. The next one I want is Honey.

    http://www.dianecristi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want these now!
    Thanks so much, I <3 your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already have this in honey and I am in love! It reminds me of tarte's lipsurgence, without the $24 price tag. Can't wait to get more!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig