Boots No. 7 True Identity Foundation Review- Perfekt dupe!

I'm always on a quest to find the perfect foundation for my dry skin.  I need something that's smooth, hydrating and doesn't cake into fine lines.  And while I don't need a lot of coverage, I usually go for medium, because I have some redness around my nose and my chin that tends to show through sheerer formulas.

I was at Target the other day, and came across True Identity Foundation from Boots No.7.  It's hypo-allergenic and claims to adjust to the color of your skin (there were only 3 shades to choose from).  There were testers for the Medium and Dark shades, and both were super dark.  So even though there was no Light tester, I decided to just go for it and see what happens.


There's a lot of silicone in this foundation, which accounts for its super silky texture.  It feels just like a primer to me, which is a good thing!  It actually reminds me a lot of Perfekt's Skin Perfection Gel, which has a hefty price tag at Sephora of $57.50.  In fact, it's so similar, I'd even go so far as to call it a dupe!  When I worked at Sephora, I used to use the Perfekt Gel every day, but I just can't spend that much on a foundation now, so this was such a great surprise at only $12.49.

True Identity has a moussy-gel like texture and you don't need a lot, as it goes really far.  Now, when I say I have dry skin, I mean really dry.  Like, I can use the thickest hand creams all day and they still crack and look flaky. My face isn't nearly that bad, thankfully, but since I'm using my hands for the before and after shots, I decided not to moisturize them so you can see how this foundation adds moisture and doesn't contribute to the dryness.  So don't make fun of them if they look elephant-like! :)

Even the Light shade is quite darker than my skin, which worried me a bit when I first saw it.

But as you can see, it blended in really well and took most of the redness out of my skin.  It also managed to not sink into lines and even hid some lines and pores.  My hand still looks dry, but on my face, which is much less dry, this stuff is wonderful!  It feels really light and airy and while it doesn't cover everything, I would call it light to medium.  

Overall, I'm really happy with this foundation.  I would say it would probably work best on normal to dry skin types.  If you're oily, it won't clog your pores, but the silky texture might make it slide off after a few hours.  
Have you tried this foundation?  Any thoughts?



5 comments

  1. I tried Perfekt at a Sephora store last year and I absolutely loved the gel texture, but there was no way I was going to pay $50+ for it. I can't wait to try this out- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation. My sister and I both love Light. I am pale and have your typical British skin while she is a little darker. It blends smoothly, lasts all day and has decent coverage

    ReplyDelete
  3. they discontinued this foundation and I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED it, too! Why in the world did they discontinue such a wonderful product?! Have they made a substitute? PLEASE let us know ASAP. Thanks.
    jdfogarty@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was truly the best foundation. Still looking for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig