Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara Review

I hadn't heard of Rimmel's new Scandal Eyes mascara, but when I saw this giant orange tube at CVS, I had to get one (as if I don't have enough mascaras already!).  
The tube, while eye catching, is really wide, and I found it a little difficult to hold the wand when applying to my lashes.  
The brush is ginormous, and while I have nothing against a large brush, (for example, Diorshow, or Neutrogena Healthy Volume) this brush was probably the biggest one I have ever seen.  I found that I kept hitting it against my eyelid, or the corner of my eye and making black smudges.

I do like the formula- it made my lashes very long, and it did add a bit of volume too. On the positive side, it's a slightly wetter formula that makes it easy to build multiple coats, because it doesn't dry too quickly, but on the negative side, it's a little bit goopy.  


Here are my before and afters: 


Before:


 After: 



While it does a decent job on my lashes, the combination of the too-big brush and the wand that's hard to hold, kind of overshadows the formula.  I normally love Rimmel mascaras, but this one just missed the mark for me.  Thoughts?  Has anyone tried this?

3 comments

  1. I completely agree. I bought this yesterday and tried it and thought the same thing- that brush is just too big. I did a search to see if it was just me, but looks like others feel the same way. Guess I'm not crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like this either! The brush was ginormous and hard to control. The formula was just meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this mascara, but that's because I really love clumpy lashes. I see where you are coming from though. I agree the brush is just way to large, I can't apply it without getting it all over my eyes. The lasting power to me isn't great. But I like when you first put it on:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig