Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Eyeshadow Review plus E.L.F. Eyelid Primer Review

Last week, I bought one of the new Rimmel Glam Eyes HD eyeshadow palettes on a whim, and I also picked up an E.L.F (Eyes, Lips, Face) eyelid primer to go with it (it was only $1 at Target!).
I love the cool Union Jack design, although my one complaint about it, is that it's hard to get to some of the colors that are in the smaller sections without dipping the brush into the neighboring color.  You have to be really careful.
The color I purchased is called English Oak.  It has 4 colors: a light shimmery beige, a copper, light brown and dark brown.  To see the rest of the colors, scroll all the way down. 

According to Rimmel's website, Glam Eyes HD is "our first creamy powder eyeshadow with Velvet-HD technology creates colour that looks perfect under any light.Prismatic pigments catch light at multiple angles, reflecting the ideal colour for the light you are in.  


These shadows are nicely pigmented, soft, and wear really well.  Here are swatches from lightest to darkest on my arm without primer: (see them with primer further down)

I also picked up ELF's eyeshadow primer, and for something that only cost $1, it worked amazingly well! It's not super thick, but it has a doe foot applicator, and it blends easily and is lightweight.


Here are swatches of the Rimmel palette using the ELF primer: 




I think it was a pretty great investment for $1.  I mean, it's not the best primer I've ever used, but it certainly does the job.  I'm constantly amazed by the quality of ELF's products and how they can cost so little!


Here are the other Glam Eyes color palettes: 










Even without primer, I think these Rimmel shadows have great pigment, and last a long time.  Has anyone else tried these?  What do you think? 




3 comments

  1. Beautiful colors! I've been looking for a brown palette. I like how these look almost shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELF has become one of my fave ds brands! Are they the absolute best quality? No. But they are good quality and most things are only a $1! You can't go wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the black and silver palette, and then the pink and brown palette and I love it. I love the smokey eye you can do with the black and silver palette!!

    Hey could you vote for me to be the next Rimmel 10? I'm Megan M. All the infos on my blog!
    http://collegemakeupbudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig