L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer Review

I am so excited to be bringing you my review of the new L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer and highlighter that just started showing up in stores this week!  These products are part of the Studio Secrets line, which I am in love with.  I use the Magic Perfecting Base and Magic Souffle foundation every day, and they are fantastic, so I didn't hesitate to purchase the Magic Lumi products.  There was also a Magic Souffle blush with the line, but since I am a girl on a budget, I didn't want to go crazy just yet.

I'll start with the Magic Lumi Primer:

The product comes in a sleek white package with black and gold lettering and a gold pump top.  The directions say that you can either mix this with foundation, or layer it on underneath.  
The product comes out white, and has a very light, liquidy texture for a primer.  
As you can see from the picture above, it has a luminescent quality.  I didn't rub it in all the way so you could see the product.  Unfortunately, my camera really couldn't capture the final effect of the primer on my skin, so I'll just have to describe it. 

The product blends and disappears easily into the skin and has a really velvety finish.  It made my skin feel really smooth and soft, and 

The first day, I mixed it with my foundation, and it gave my skin a very glowy, luminous sheen indoors, BUT when I went outside, I looked really sparkly.  
So, the following day, I used the primer first and layered Magic Souffle foundation over it.  This time, the glowy effect was slightly lessened, but in the daylight I didn't see sparkles- just a nice dewy, airbrushed sheen, which was what I was going for.  It really minimized and blurred imperfections, and I actually got a lot of compliments on my skin that day!  

The Bottom Line
If you're going out at night, mixing the product with foundation will give your skin the extra boost of luminosity, and mimic a candlelit or ethereal effect, but if you're going out in the sunlight, I would recommend layering foundation over the primer.  All in all, this is a product that I will use every day- I mean, come on, what girl doesn't want to have perfectly airbrushed, glowy skin?

Here's a great video, where L'oreal's makeup artist shows you how to use Magic Lumi primer and highlighter!

11 comments

  1. OMG I just happened to click on your site when searching Google for a mascara review and saw your review. I haven't seen this anywhere yet, but I have to have it! I think you are the only blog that has reviewed this so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the L'oreal website and wondered why I hadn't seen it in stores yet, but I guess that's because it's brand spankin' new! Maybe I'll head over to my local BBB and check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of this, BUT I hope it's not tooo *sparkle-sparkle*. I wonder if the drugstores will put out testers so I can try it first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this the other day and I love it! It really livens up my complexion and gives a nice glow.I like that Loreal is coming out with some innovative new products that mimic more expensive brands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using this for a week and I love it. I get so many compliments on my "glow" from friends (and even my boyfriend!). It is subtle, yet very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this yesterday, I had a coupon for it so thought I would give it a try, I loved it! I also applied it under my foundation and my face looks so flawless, just wish it was a bigger container.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I wish it was bigger too. :( Just like their Magic Perfecting Base Primer- I go through that like water. The jar is just too small!

    ReplyDelete
  8. where can I purchase this product? we have tried several stores can't seem to find it?
    We live in atlantic city nj any store near us where we can purchase it? tried it from a sample I found in my allure magazine and truly loved it. please respond to my question. Thank you sooo! much

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous! I've seen this at Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS stores. It's usually pulled out in a center aisle near the front, not with the regular L'Oreal products.

    If you don't see it in your local drugstores, you can buy it on L'Oreal's website: www.lorealparisusa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walmart's in my area were sold out of it in both stores and it's not like they're gonna have a tester out so someone could walk away with it in their pocket and ruin it for everyone else.When and if I find it i'm going to get at least a couple of them to start with and then try some of the L'oreal souffle blush in the lightest pink I can find.I recently ordered a Bobbi Brown pink tose shimmer brick blush that comes with sa really nice blending brush and I can hardley wait to get it in the mail.I'll keep you posted on how my shopping spree goes so sae la ve for now girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just tried a sample of this product out of Allure magazine and I absolutely love it! I will be buying the full size bottle now especially since it came with a 2.00 off coupon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig