Cover Girl Intense Shadowblast Review

Right up front, I'm going to admit that I hate cream eye shadows.  They're a good idea in theory, but every one I've tried has failed me miserably.  They crease, they fade, they just plain wipe off- especially when it's hot outside.
Which is why I majorly hesitated when I saw Cover Girl's new Intense Shadow Blast in the drugstores.  Finally I broke down, because my readers have been emailing me, asking to see a review- and I'm so glad I did! 

I purchased 2 shades: Platinum Pop and Brown Bling. Here they are below: 
 
They have a soft, sponge applicator that you use to apply the shadow to your lid, but it goes on a little gloppy, so you have to dab and blend it with your finger. 
These are different from other cream shadows, because they have primer built in to them to prevent fading/creasing... and it truly works! 
I have used them alone, and they give a nice, dewy, glowy finish that looks gorgeous in the daytime.  I wear these to work and they last at least until I get home after 8 hours.  But my favorite way to use them, is to layer them under shadow.  Let me demonstrate: 
 The photo above is Brown Bling by itself.  (I'm using my arm so it's easier to see the color- but they eye is obviously a much smoother surface). 

 Next, I used the light brown shadow to the right in my new Maybelline Eye Studio kit (Color is Caffeine Rush).  The above photo is the shadow by itself. 
 The last photo, above shows the shadow alone (top) and the shadow layered over the Intense Shadow Blast (below).  It makes the color crazy-intense and it lasts forever this way- seriously, I needed some major soap and scrubbing to get this off of my arm!

Here's the Platinum Pop, layered with a silvery shadow- same concept.
Intense Shadow Blast by itself

 Using the light gray shadow on the top of this Maybelline New York Palette (Glamorous Gray), 


Shadow by itself (above)
Shadow alone on top, shadow over Intense Shadow Blast on the bottom.  

I think I'm going to buy the other colors, because I'm not sure how I lived without this product before.  They are so much better than a regular shadow primer, because their color makes your shadow more intense.  I'm totally in love- what do you guys think? 
I'd love to hear from someone with oily eyelids on the longevity of this product, because my skin is dry, so it might last longer on me than some of you. 

XO Jenna

3 comments

  1. Such a cool product, especially how you showed layering it under eyeshadow! I saw a pink one in the store that I think I'm going to try. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this in the beige-y color thinking I could use it as a base. It works really well if you don't want to change the color of your eyeshadow too much but just make it a little stronger/more intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am skeptical of any liquid/cream shadow. They ALWAYS crease on me. My eyelids are oily though so that's why. But I'm curious to see if this one is different because of the primer.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig