Revlon Age Defying DNA Makeup Review

Recently I posted that I purchased Revlon's new Age Defying DNAAdvantage foundation, and I couldn't wait to try it! I've been using Loreal's Magic Smooth Souffle makeup, which I absolutely love, so I was skeptical that anything else could compare to that.  I've had bad experiences with cream foundations in the past, as they are usually too heavy and cake-like.
First things first, this is what Revlon's website says about the new foundation:
"NEW Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup combines makeup + powerful anti-aging skincare to help protect skin's DNA to fight the signs of aging. 96% of women saw flawless, younger-looking skin in two weeks. Lines and wrinkles are visibly diminished while skin is refreshed, hydrated, revitalized. SPF 20"

It's still not specific as to what the anti aging ingredients are, and I've only been using it for 2 days, so I have yet to see any kind of anti aging results from it.  But as a foundation, I LOVE it.  
I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush. ($14.99 @ Target)
  ( On a side note, this brush is amazing, and much better than a regular foundation brush in my opinion.  I just pour a little foundation into my hand, dab the brush in it, and swirl it over my face  It gives the most flawless application out of any method I've ever tried.)
This Revlon makeup is light, yet covers absolutely everything. I went over my eye area with it, and ended up not even needing concealer for dark circles. It does not sink into any of the pores and lines in my 33 year old dry skin.  My face just looks perfect- not too matte, and not too glowy.  It just has a really, really nice finish.  I also love the SPF 20.  If it truly has anti aging properties, I'll love it even more! I think I'm going to switch from the souffle makeup now that warmer weather is approaching, as this one seems a little lighter on my face. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one!

9 comments

  1. Hi! Thanks for this review. I was just looking at the Revlon Age Defying with DNA at Bed Bath and Beyond today. I chickened out and got my regular L'Oreal True Match in Natural Beige because I know it's yellow based. Do you know how to find out which colors are warm vs cool based in the Revlon foundation? It's so hard to tell under the store lights and through the packaging! Thanks again for your review:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend tested this today at Rite Aid and she said it had SHIMMER in it, well that nixes it for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hard to tell the true color through the packaging. Although this blends very well, so it's not super noticeable on the face. I would recommend making your best guess and purchasing at either CVS or Rite Aid where they have a money back guarantee on cosmetics if you don't like the shade you bought. That way, you won't waste your money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone recently commented to me that this foundation has a little shimmer in it, but it is very minimal. It's not noticeable when on the face, even in sunlight. It just serves the purpose of diffusing flaws and I think it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVE BEEN USING LANCOME LIFTING MAKE UP. I RECENTLY TRIED REVLONS MAKE UP WITH DNA. I WAS BLOWN AWAY. NOT ONLY IS IT MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE THEN LANCOME, BUT IT SCORES SUPREME. IT IS LIGHT AND COVERS WELL WITHOUT LOOKING TOO THICK. IT IS THIN MAKE UP AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I BOUGHT IT IN BED BATH AND BEYOND. I WANTED TO PURCHASE ANOTHER BUT COULD NOT FIND THIS PRODUCT IN CVS OR RITE AIDE. SO LOVE THIS NEW MAKE UP THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! Would you mind posting a pic of the ingredient list please!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to use Clinique Even Better but then one day my friend gave me Revlon's Age Defying Spa makeup because it was too light for her. I absolutely LOVED it, and switched. I think that Revlon has now replaced the Age Defying Spa makeup with this DNA one because I no longer see the Age Defying Spa on their website, and Wals no longer carries it. Anyway... the Revlon Spa makeup had a brush attached to the makeup tube, so there may have been issues with bacteria. It had a very nice GLOW to it, not really a shimmer. I never broke out with it either. It was a beautiful, medium coverage. I really think if Age Defying DNA is replacing Spa, it may have the same glow. I hope so. I can't wait to try this one out!
    Thanks so much for the review & the tip for the makeup brush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have combination skin with some past acne marks and some products will make me break out. At 42, I have a hard time finding products that will give me coverage, not make me break out and not dry me out. This Revlon dna makeup is it!! It truly is amaaazing! I don't know what is in this stuf, but after a month, my skin has never looked so clear, plump and glowy!! Love IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there - I bought this product last week and have been using it ever since. just like you, i had the magic souffle which is a great product overall, but this Rev DNA is really easy to apply, it works great, has good coverage, and makes me look fresh and beautiful. i sill wear an SPF 80 sunscreen on my face underneath as i dont trust the SPF factor thats in cosmetics. i also like to powder with Neutrogena mineral sheers.. my skin is glowing beautiful and Revlon has done it again! they made a great product that actually works! i am 32 with a t-zone problem [i use my blotting sheets to touch up] and no acne scars, only fine wrinkles around eyes but my Neturogena wrinkle eraser shrunk them and this produc, Revlon DNA made them totally unnoticeable. I feel younger by looking younger, at least 5 years or so with this cosmetic. NO breakouts, and my skin feels balanced and healthy

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig