The New Pantene- Review

Ok, so I've never been a huge fan of Pantene, despite it's huge popularity.  I just never saw great results from any of the products I've tried.  They have just re-launched their products, and some changes were made.  So I was in Walgreens the other day, and bought two of the four product lines I saw there.  The four lines I saw were Fine Hair, Medium-Thick Hair, Curly Hair, and Colored-Treated Hair. 
I purchased the Shampoo and Conditioner for both the Fine Hair and Color-Treated Hair lines.  The first one I tried was for color treated hair, which mine definitely is.  Right in the shower I was already impressed.  The Pantene shampoo was creamy (it almost looked like lotion) and moisturizing and my hair felt conditioned even after I rinsed it out.  Then, the conditioner- in a word, Wow!  You know those little tubes of conditioner they give you inside a box of hair color, and you're like, "why don't they sell conditioner like this?", well, now they do.  My hair felt like pure silk when I rinsed out the conditioner, and by the time I was done blowdrying, my hair was sleek and shiny!
Very impressed, I used the Fine Hair shampoo and conditioner the next day.  This shampoo wasn't a creamy formula- it was a clear gel which rinsed very clean, and left my hair feeling moisturized, but not as much as the previous one I tried.  Same with the conditioner- it was a little thinner, not quite as moisturizing, but still did a good job.  I definitely noticed some more bounciness in my hair, vs. the day before, which left my hair a little sleeker.  I loved both products and today I went out and bought the heat protection spray for fine hair, and I'm so excited to try it!  I'll let you know tomorrow!  In the meantime, head over to Pantene.com to read all about the new technology they've put into their new line, and also to get free samples, so you can try before you buy!

4 comments

  1. The packing is more appealing compared to the last one. This one is great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Classic Care and Fine to Moisturized. People say Pantene is so bad for your hair but what's in it that causes so much alarm?? I've tried salon products without much improvement. I like the fragrance and consistency of the creamier Pantenes. They even make my skin softer after I take a shower. I couple them with Suave conditioner, since the shampoo itself is conditioning and Suaves are light. My hair is fine but wavy and highlited. This shampoo seems to make it really soft. I like to switch products, which is why I got the Classic and Fine Solutions. I wish someone could shed light on the controvery around Pantene. I heard one stylist say it was the worst ever. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm guessing that your stylist disliked it for the same reason I used to dislike it. The old line's shampoos were made with Ammonium Laurel/Laureth sulfate, which is the strongest detergent they put in shampoos. It is very drying and strips the hair of moisture, and is really only supposed to be used in clarifying shampoos that you use once a week to remove buildup. Any more than that will dry out your hair. I never understood why a product that is supposed to be moisturizing contained Ammonium Laurel Sulfate- it was a total contradiction. The new line contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is gentler on the hair. That's probably why you noticed a difference in the new line. For years now, I always check that labels on shampoos to make sure they do not have anything stronger than Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.


    my blog; The Necklace Owl ()

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig