TreSemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Review

I don't wash my hair every day, because if I do, it gets really dried out. Yesterday, I ended up putting a lot of product in it, and since today wasn't a hairwash day, I woke up late this morning and then realized I had really greasy-looking hair.  So I stopped off at Walgreens on my way in, because I remembered seeing a new dry shampoo by TreSemme, and I figured it would be the perfect thing to review for Frugirl at the same time.
Unlike other dry shampoos, this one is not powdery- it contains mineral clay which absorbs the oil.  I've tried some that leave my roots looking gray, but this one dries clear and sprays clear, like hairspray.  It smells like lemon-lime, which adds freshness to the hair, and isn't sticky at all.  It made my hair much less greasy, and even added some volume. I wouldn't say it looked freshly washed, but it didn't look greasy anymore either.    At $3.99, this is a fantastic buy!

3 comments

  1. I try really hard not to wash my hair every day because I've damaged it so much over the years but I end up washing it anyways because it gets oily after about 20 hours.

    You have totally convinced me to buy this. Like, tomorrow. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in the travel size and for being $4 I think it does work really well. Like you said, it doesn't look freshly washed, but not insanely greasy either. Perfect for adding some texture and maybe wrapping your hair in a braid. I've heard the Suave dry shampoo works really well, but I haven't tried it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the smell was nice, not to strong...but I didn't find that it took care of oiliness orgave any extra body. I won't be buying this again. I've heard Psssssst Dry Shampp works great.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig