Ciate x Chloe Morello Beauty Haul Review & Swatches

I recently saw the new Ciate London x Chloe Morello Beauty Haul ($49) collab on Instagram and even though I've never tried Ciate's makeup (only their nail polishes), I've always wanted to try more from the brand. This set comes with three different products, including an eyeshadow palette (that has to-die-for shades), their best selling Wonderwand mascara, and a mini Liquid Velvet lipstick in the shade Pin Up so I thought it would be a great introduction to the brand!

Read on for my thoughts...




Everything came packaged in a really pretty box and inside there was an eyeshadow palette, deluxe sized mascara and liquid lipstick, and a faux leather makeup bag. The bag is really nice quality and fits everything inside with room to spare.

The first thing I wanted to dig into was the Pretty, Fun, & Fearless eyeshadow palette. I love the floral design and the gold flamingos on the cover...it's really unique and interesting!

The palette was made in Italy and is housed in a sturdy cardboard compact that's very slim and travel-friendly.

Inside there's a mirror flanked by two more flamingos (so cute!) and fifteen beautifully curated eyeshadows in matte and shimmer finishes. Overall, the palette leans warm but there are some cooler toned colors in here as well.
The color selection is just stunning...there are nine mattes and 6 shimmer shades with several great transition colors, a few browbone/highlight shades and plenty of rich lid and crease shades.

I think that the colors were matched very well with the finishes....for example, shades like Skinny Dip, Unconditional, and Jet Setter are perfect transition shades and they have a matte finish, which is what I use for my transition 99% of the time. Most of the shimmer shades are also the perfect colors that I would want to place on my lids or in the inner corner of my eye where I would want that type of finish. Deeper crease shades like Queen Bee, Flirt and Daydream are also done in a matte finish...again, exactly what I would look for in a crease shade.

Overall I think the shade selection is very, very well done and on point.
The formula of the eyeshadows is pure butter. I honestly wasn't expecting that when I dipped my finger into the pans for the first time. It's the creamiest, softest formula! If I had to compare it to another brand, I would say they feel similar to Lorac's eyeshadows, but these don't seem to have quite as much fallout. Don't get me wrong, eyeshadows that are this soft will definitely kick up some powder, particularly the matte shades, but the strong pigmentation makes up for that...at least in my book.

I couldn't find one dud in the entire palette...every shade is gorgeous. The mattes feel super velvety, and suede-like, while the shimmers have a creamy, buttery texture. They blend beautifully on my eyes, and since I have very dry skin (and eyelids), I find that a primer helps the matte shades to adhere just a little bit better. If you have oily eyelids, you should have no problems if you don't want to use a primer.
Next up is the Wonderwand mascara. I was really excited to try this due to the 5 star rating on Sephora.com and I ended up loving it! First of all, the packaging is super cute and the brush is easy to use...not to large or too small. It has an hourglass shape that catches all of my lashes easily and the bristles are stiff enough to comb through any clumps (though there weren't that many). 

The formula isn't too wet or too dry, but is somewhere in the middle. I found that it gave my lashes both length and volume and it lasts all day without smudging under my eyes (which I almost always have issues with). It also removes really easily, which I love. 
Finally, you guys know that I'm not the biggest liquid lipstick fan because I find them to be too drying, but this one isn't dry at all. The shade Pin Up is a bit darker than what I would normally wear but I would love to try the Liquid Velvet in other colors! I really like the wand because it comes to a point at the end and makes application and staying inside your lip lines really easy. Also...a few words of advice! You only need a tiny bit...a little goes a long way. I applied it to my top lip and then pressed my lips together and it gave me full coverage on my bottom lip, just like that. A super thin layer is all you need and I love that you don't have to go back into the tube to get more product...the amount on the applicator is really more than what you need.
Also, to keep this transfer proof, make sure you blot it with a tissue after applying and it'll last all day without cracking or crumbling.
Overall, I'm really impressed with the Beauty Haul and it has left me wanting to try more Ciate London products!

Grab the Beauty Haul set now at Sephora.com


12 comments

  1. Love your blog, no matter what name it is ;) And please do both drug store and high end reviews (like you said, you can't say it's a dupe unless you have not tried original high end product :)! Love Ciate too, Chloe Morello palette looks great! My fave product from Ciate is definitely Pretty Stix Murumuru Butter Lipstick <3 Have you tried it already? It's perfection for dry lips; hydrating, glossy and high pigment color..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mari! I haven't tried the Pretty Stix yet, but they were actually the first thing I planned to try from Ciate after reading several glowing reviews on them. Then I spotted this, haha! I think I'll pick one up next time I do a Sephora haul...I have really dry lips so they sound heavenly!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow the packaging of that palette is gorgeous

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I was very impressed with the formula...definitely makes me want to try more Ciate eyeshadows! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Ciate's shadows. But this palette has me confused because I have the individual Pretty palette, Fearless palette, and Fun palette. Is this a combination of the three? I think I may want it anyway! -- Christina D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am confused too.....Sephora has 3 palettes listed ...Pretty, Fun and Fearless. This one is not listed and looks completely different. I am heading to Ciate's website to see what they have posted. Also, was this a package deal? Maybe thats the reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia, Yes you're correct! This was a package deal that is only available on Ciate's website. It's my fault because I totally forgot to link it! I went ahead and linked it...so sorry about that! Sephora does carry Ciate but not this particular set. :)

      Delete
  6. I am answering my own question: chloe morello and ciatelondon created the Beauty Haul combo package that you bought for 49 dollars and now it is sold out. There is a waiting list already on ciate's website. The 3 palettes Fearless, Pretty and Fun are different than this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After comparing the shades in the individual Pretty/Fun/Fearless palettes to this, there are enough different shadows to justify making the purchase -- at least that's what I tell myself!

    BTW Ciate isn't the only brand that went from selling only nail polish to putting out other cosmetics. I've had great luck with eye shadows from Butter London and (to a lesser extent) Julep. -- Christina D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look good!!

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig