Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette Review & Swatches

Looking for something to buy during the Sephora VIB event? How about the stunning Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette ($34)? I went into my local store a few days ago with my Rouge 20% off coupon and ended up totally caving on this palette when I saw it in person. It's huge! Like, literally the size of a dessert plate, I kid you not. Remember when I posted about this palette a while ago? I was picturing this to be about the size of a CD, but yeah...nope! When I saw it in the store, it suddenly seemed to be worth the $34 price tag. Also, Sephora Collection can sometimes be hit or miss for me (although lately I've been loving everything from them) but this is definitely a hit. 
Let's take a closer look! 
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

This palette contains 8 powder blush shades with one universally flattering powder highlighter in the center. Four of the blushes are ombre while the other four are solid shades.
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

It's really hard to show the size of this palette in photos, but trust me...you'll be pretty shocked when you see it. I don't think I have any palettes that are this big. Thankfully, it's pretty thin so I feel like you could still travel with this because it's not bulky. It could probably slip into the pocket of a travel bag.
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

Inside there's a mirror and even though it's not the size of the entire lid, it's still large enough to see your face. The shades are so beautiful...there's a great range of shades in here from cool to warm. They included subtle pinks and peaches to brights and darks and even a few bronze shades. Three of the shades are matte (#'s 2, 4 and 8 if you look at the chart on the back of the box above) and the rest are shimmer. Numbers 1, 3, 5 & 7 are ombre shades that go from light to dark in the same pan.
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

Each pan is a generous size for getting a blush brush into,which is great because I was picturing them to be small back when I thought that this palette was CD-sized. Here you can see how my e.l.f. blush brush looks next to the actual palette.

Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette

I was really impressed with how these swatched! They're soft, buttery and feel very high-end. These are swatched over bare skin, no primer (and they're not blended)...I wanted to give you an idea of just how pigmented these are. I haven't tried any Sephora Collection blushes in a long time, so I didn't know what to expect, but these are just amazing! They pick up on my brush so easily and blend effortlessly on the skin. They're also really long-lasting...I get all-day wear out of these even on my dry skin.

These swatches start with the beautiful highlighter in the center and then I started with shade #1 and went clockwise.
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette swatches

Here's a closer look at the swatches...this first photo is the highlighter and shades 1-3.
Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette swatches

These swatches are shades 4-8.
sephora ombre obsession face palette swatches

I have to say...I love the Tarte Bling It On blush palette that I reviewed back in September and I thought that was going to be my favorite blush palette this year. But it's got some major competition with this one! If you're looking for Holiday gifts for the girls in your life (or just for yourself, haha) the Sephora Ombre Obsession Face Palette would make any makeup lover happy. It's got shades to suit any skintone and it's just amazing quality for $34, not to mention the size is insane! 
Grab this one while you still can at Sephora.com because once the reviews start coming out on this one, I have a feeling it'll go quick. 
If you're Rouge, you still have tonight to use your code (Rouge20) and if you're VIB, you can use your code (VIB20) between November 13th and 16th. The 20% off will bring the price of this palette down to $27.20.

4 comments

  1. I have been eyeing this palette!! Last minute order going in now! You sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's way better than I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks gorgeous! I haven't tried many sephora face products before!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks like an amazing palette! So easy to grab in the morning, when you are in a rush, has a nice range of colors (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig