Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighter Review & Swatches

Flower Glisten Up Highlighter Chubby ($9.98) is a sheer, illuminating highlighter from Drew Barrymore's makeup line that I recently found at Walmart. These have been out since last year, so they're not new, but I don't go to Walmart all that often so they're new to me.  I decided to grab all three shades to review and swatch for you guys, so let's take a closer look! 
Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighter Review & Swatches
Flower Glisten Up Highlighters in Pearl Shimmer, Gold Coaster, and Honey Bronze
I know I've been doing a ton of highlighter reviews lately, but there's something about the Spring and Summer season that makes me want to buy highlighters! It's weird, I don't know why. I guess I crave a more glowy complexion in the warm weather, while I go for more of a matte look in the Winter.

Here's some short bullet points from the Walmart website:
  • Illuminating highlighter in a self-sharpening jumbo crayon
  • Silky formula provides a brightening effect and luxurious finish
  • Use over makeup or alone for a natural glow
  • Proudly made in the USA
  • Never tested on animals

These come in three shades...Pearl Shimmer (a golden-pink champagne shade), Gold Coaster (soft, yellow-gold shimmer), and Honey Bronze (a honey-nude shimmer). The colors on the Walmart site are not accurate at all...it makes Pearl Shimmer look white, but it's not white at all, definitely more of a champagne color. It also makes Honey Bronze look less warm than it actually is. I made sure that my photos show the shades as true-to-life as possible, so you can really see what you're buying. 
Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighter Review & Swatches
Flower Glisten Up Highlighters in Honey Bronze, Gold Coaster, Pearl Shimmer
I absolutely love the packaging of these, with a few exceptions which I'll talk about in a few minutes. First, the good news- these are large chubby sticks with a rounded top that are perfect for applying highlighter easily to your face. They're also super travel-friendly, so you can pack them for your summer vacations, or carry them in your purse, no problem. They're essentially a swipe, blend and go product, which I love for summer when I'm going for a no-fuss look. They also twist up so there's no need to sharpen them (not that you would anyway...there's no sharpener in the world this large!).
On the downside, they don't twist all the way down, so you can potentially knick them as you're putting the cap back on.
Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighters
Flower Glisten Up Highlighters in Pearl Shimmer, Gold Coaster, and Honey Bronze
The other gripe I have with the packaging is that the tube is much longer than the actual product inside, so I thought I was getting a lot more product for $10. Here's a brand new one twisted all the way up. The amount of product is about half the size of the tube (not including the cap). But the good news is, you don't need to use a lot, so this amount will still last a long time.
Flower Glisten Up in Gold Coaster
The shades are on the sheer side, but can be easily built up. When it comes to highlighters, I feel like sheer is better anyway...you don't want to actually see much of the color, just add some glow. These do contain shimmer, but it's subtle, so you won't look all sparkly or anything like that. The formula is super creamy and blends so easily with your fingers.  On my dry skin, these lasted most of the day but since they are very creamy and soft, they may not last quite as long on oily skin types unless you set them with powder.
Pearl Shimmer is my absolute favorite when it comes to my fair skin...it's the perfect glow. Gold Coaster also works for lighter skintones as well as medium to deeper skintones. I can't really use Honey Bronze as a highlighter since it's too dark for me, but I can use it as a bronzer because it's not orange and not too dark either.
Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighter Swatches
Swatches of Pearl Shimmer, Gold Coaster, and Honey Bronze
I was thinking that Pearl Shimmer might be a dupe for Benefit's Watts Up! but when I swatched them, I realized that it's a little lighter. Watts Up! does have pink in it, but it also has some bronze, so it's kind of in-between Pearl Shimmer and Honey Bronze.
Benefit Watts Up Vs. Flower Glisten Up Pearl
Left: Benefit Watts Up!
Right: Flower Pearl Shimmer
Overall, I would definitely recommend Flower's Glisten Up Highlighters! They're so convenient and easy to use, travel-friendly, really creamy and blendable, and also long-lasting. Plus the colors are so pretty. Have you tried these yet? What are your favorite highlighters? Drop me a comment and let me know! :)

You May Also Love: 




2 comments

  1. Ah these look beautiful, especially the pearl one. I like that it's lighter and more pink than Watts Up. I also agree with you, I love me some highlighters in the summer! You should see my collection. I will look into these for sure, even though I NEVER go to Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the Pearl one is gorgeous! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig