GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE Review

GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE ($39 at Sephora) is a mud-to-foam cleanser for dry, dehydrated skin. A while back, I reviewed the Supercleanse mud-to-foam cleanser (see my review here) which clears oil and pore-clogging impurities from the skin and I loved it because it was like a less expensive, everyday version of the Supermud mask. Since I have dry skin and I'm obsessed with Thirstymud, I knew I had to try the cleanser version. Let's take a look!


Thirstycleanse comes in a tall bright blue bottle that's 5oz but it seems so much larger than that. The bottle itself is made of thick heavy plastic and feels very substantial in your hand.

The ingredients include Brazilian Yellow Clay to remineralize the skin, pure green coconut water to intensely hydrate, olive milk which is rich in lipids and proteins, and plumeria flower blossom which is rich in omega 3,6,and 9 to restore the skin's barrier function.

Did I mention this smells exactly like coconut milk?  It's so wonderful...it smells like vacation in a bottle-just heavenly.  But then again, I'm a huge coconut fan, so I knew I would love the scent. Like the Supercleanse, this starts out as a mud, except this one is a pale sandy color instead of black.
The instructions say to apply it to a dry face with dry hands and then to wet your hands and massage it into your face, turning it into a foaming lather.
I like to apply it dry and leave it for a few minutes while I get ready for my shower...kind of like a mask. Then once I'm in the shower, I add water and let it foam up. To me, it's like a "lite" version of the ThirstyMud so if you're like me and can't (or don't want to) shell out the big bucks ($69 for 1.5oz.) for the mask, try their cleansers instead! They're $39 for 5oz. and even though they're not as potent as the mask, you can use them every day so the benefits will definitely add up over time.

I started using ThirstyCleanse in the Winter, and I was actually surprised that it left my face a little dry. Kind of strange for a hydrating cleanser, right? It wasn't that tight feeling you get after cleansing...instead I noticed that my skin just looked dry and dehydrated. My lines and wrinkles were more visible and I had dry patches on my cheeks. I wasn't using it every day...more like 2-3x a week and was then using a really heavy moisturizer on top, so it definitely wasn't from overuse. In fact, my skin felt more hydrated after using the SuperCleanse and that's actually meant for more oily skin types.

I stopped using ThirstyCleanse for a few months, and now that the weather has warmed up and my skin isn't so dry, I've started using it again and have had much better results with it. My skin feels really deep-down clean, yet soft and silky without any dry patches. Leaving it on for a while like a mask also seems to help... I'm thinking that maybe it gives the hydrating ingredients a chance to get into your skin a little more.

Overall, this cleanser smells amazing and really deep cleans down to your pores, but if you're skin is dry, you may be disappointed if you expect a ton of hydration from this. I would say that normal skin types may benefit the most from this one.

I'd love to hear from you if you've tried ThirstyCleanse...did you have a different result than I did? Everyone's skin is different so I'm curious to see if I'm the only one this happened to.

1 comment

  1. I was curious about this product, thanks for the review. Supermud is too drying for my skin, but I love Thirstymud, might give this cleanser a try (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig