Carol's Daughter Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray Review

Ok, so I have to admit that I have a bit of an obsession with watching QVC and HSN. It all started this past summer when I spent many sleepless nights up with my newborn, flipping through the channels at 3am. It ended up being a great way to keep up with my favorite brands and see what was new (I've been feeling out of touch since I left Sephora and became a stay at home mom).  And so, my middle-of-the-night home shopping network obsession began.
One night, Carol's Daughter was on HSN, and I was fascinated by the Monoi line. Lisa Price, the owner, talked about Monoi Oil and how it helps stop breakage by 96%. This resonated with me, since bleaching has left my long hair parched, and the post-pregnancy hormones had me seeing tons of hair going down the drain with every shower. 
So in a weak, and bleary eyed moment, I decided to take the plunge and spent $24 on the Monoi Anti-Breakage spray, a light leave in conditioner that seemed like it would work well on fine hair. So did I have buyer's remorse? Read on to find out!
So first, a quick background on Monoi Oil-it's made in Tahiti, by taking 15 freshly picked Tiare Gardenia Flower blossoms and combining them with 15 oz. of Coprah Coconut Oil over a 15 day sacred ritual, passed down only through an oral tradition. 
The scent of gardenia flowers and coconut is pure heaven in a bottle!  It's so intoxicating and makes me feel like I'm on vacation every day. It's not another suntan lotion scent either, it's a bit more sophisticated and tropical.
Here's the description on the bottle:

And the ingredient list:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Pentylene Glycol, Agave Americana Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, C11-15 Pareth – 7, C12–16 Pareth – 9, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Fruit Juice, Coconut Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Dicetyldimomium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Lactic Acid, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Theobroma Cocoa Extract, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance.

The product itself is a thin liquid that's golden in color.  I spray it liberally all over my damp hair, but focus on the ends.  My hair has never been greasy or oily from this product (and I have fine hair!). I love how lightweight this is and to say that this is my new HG hair product is an understatement!
  
I haven't been using it long enough to know if it prevents breakage, but I do know that after blowdrying, my hair has never looked so soft and shiny, with movement and bounce.  It just looks and feels stronger- no frizz and fried-looking ends!

I don't usually recommend luxury products unless they perform amazingly or if there's nothing else like it for less at the drugstore. Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray is on my short-list of products that are worth the extra money. If you splurge on a hair product, this is it!  It is for all hair types from fine to thick. 
You can get it at HSN or at Carol's Daughter.

4 comments

  1. I sprung for this when a Sephora rep recommended it. I didn't buy then, but I went home and saw all of the 5 star reviews on Sephora and HSN and went back for it. It's amazing stuff, no doubt about it. I'm hooked for life. Will you be reviewing other products in the line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought this line was geared toward those with coarse/curly hair so I never looked into it. I have babyfine hair with a tad bit of damage so this looks like it might be something to try. Thank you for reviewing, I'm going to check out this line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla, as a matter of fact, I am! I loved this so much, I purchaed the shampoo and conditioner to try. Watch for my review in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching for your review. I also tried the anti breakage spray this past week and am in love with it. I feel like the rest of Monoi will be good but its expensive! I'd like to see if u think its worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig