Dr. Lewinn By Kinerase Lip Resculpt 3D Lip Balm Review

Kinerase was one of my favorite skincare brands when I worked for Sephora, so I was thrilled to see their drugstore line launch last year and have had great results with their cream and serum.  Kinerase has tons of celebrity devotees including Jennifer Aniston, Gisele Bundchen, and Taylor Swift.
Recently, I was at Walmart and came across their Lip Resculpt 3D Lip Balm. Priced at around $15, it seemed expensive for a lip balm, yet is much less than Kinerase's version at $28. Both have Volulip™, "an ingredient that increases hyaluronic acid levels and stimulating the production of three types of collagen". I have chronically dry lips and have been looking for a treatment to fill in lines, as opposed to just a regular gloss, so I picked up a tube. Here are the packaging shots for product info and ingredients:

The product comes in a convenient tube with a screw on cap.  



 The lip balm itself is a clear gloss with a vanilla cookie scent.  It goes on smooth with no stickiness whatsoever.  The glossy effect lasts around an hour and then your lips just feel soft and moisturized.  Upon first application, I felt a very slight tingling sensation, but it went away after 5 minutes or so.  I applied it in the morning when my lips were very dry, and after 5 minutes, the lines in my lips decreased significantly, and the formula plumped my lips as well.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but it also seemed as though the edges of my lips were more defined.
This says that more permanent results will be visible after 30 days, so I'm going to apply it religiously until then.  The SPF 20 is also perfect for summer!
Here are my before and afters:

I totally love this lip balm, and am excited to try more products in the Dr. LeWinn Line.  Have you tried this product or any other Dr. LeWinn products?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig