Luxurious handmade soaps for $4- Shannon's Soaps Review

In recent years, I've shied away from bar soaps because they dry my skin out something fierce. I've wanted to try Lush's soaps, but they're so expensive, at close to $8 for a 3.5 oz chunk. I ran out of body wash last week, and have been bad about remembering to pick some up, so I've been using my husband's bar soap...with not so great results.  Ever since, my skin has been feeling really dry and tight, so I was really happy to get a package from Shannon's Soaps! 
Shannon's Soaps was started by a chemistry major-turned teacher-turned stay at home mom, and everything is made by hand from only the best natural ingredients.  
Since I have dry skin, I got two soaps made from skin-nourishing oils and a super moisturizing lotion. 
First up is the Tropical Coconut soap.  I'm obsessed with coconut scented products, and this one is made with 6 different oils, including palm, coconut, olive, sunflower, macadamia and castor oils.  The soap itself has pretty swirls of blue in it, and it smells lovely- not overpowering, just a mild coconut scent.  At 4.3 oz., this is a huge bar of soap, for only $4.


The first time I used this, I couldn't get over the rich, luxurious lather.  It lathers very easily, but the bubbles themselves are cushiony, thick and super moisturizing.  After I rinsed off, my skin felt more moisturized than after using my normal body wash, and my skin felt so comfortable, I didn't even need to use body lotion afterwards!  
The next one I got was Sun and Sand.  The ingredients are the same as the Tropical Coconut soap but without the Macadamia oil.  The scent smells just like the beach- a mix of coconut, suntan lotion, and sea air   It actually reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Beach fragrance.  Even without the macadamia oil, this one is still extremely moisturizing and leaves the skin soft.  This one also costs $4 for a 4-4.5 oz. bar.
The last product I got to try was Cocoa Butter Love.  This lotion in a jar is made with cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, and jojoba seed oil, and smells absolutely amazing! The scent isn't overpowering, but it literally smells like a Hershey bar- yum!  I've used Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion, which also smells like chocolate, but Shannon's Cocoa Butter Love smells even more like the real thing.  

This lotion has a balm-like consistency- it appears thick, but melts right into the skin and disappears, leaving no greasy feeling. (You can see what it looks like before I rub it in below).   I love that this is all natural- no chemicals or bad stuff in it at all.  It costs $4.50 for a 2oz jar, or $7.50 for 4oz.  

Overall, I'm super happy with Shannon's Soaps- I'm definitely a bar soap convert now, as these moisturize even better than my shea butter body wash ( which has detergents in it that offset the moisturizing qualities).  At prices way lower than Lush, a great all natural bar of soap (in many different scents and formulations) is a click away! In addition, Shannon's offers bath bombs, bath salts and lotions, and will offer lotion bars soon.  
You can order at www.shannonssoaps.com


Disclaimer: Jenna has personally reviewed the product listed above. She has not received any monetary compensation for her review but did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & completely honest. 




2 comments

  1. I adore handmade soaps! I will never touch store brands because they are just too harsh on my skin and cause redness and scaliness. I religiously use Lush soaps, but they're pretty expensive and I don't have a store near me, so I have to order them thru the mail anyway. I'm going to try these and see how I like them- thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut/beachy scents are my fave- have you tried Organix Coconut Hibiscus shampoo/conditioner? I will check these soaps out- seems like a great deal.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig