NYC Cosmetics High Definition Volumizing Mascara Review

This week at Rite Aid, NYC Cosmetics are 40% off, so I used that as a great excuse for a mini haul.  I got 3 eyeliners (.59 cents each!) and this High Definition mascara for around $2.79- how can you beat that?! 

Here's what the NYC website says about it:


BENEFITS

Volume Mania Technology thickens lashes up to 10 times for 360° wide open-eye look
Exclusive multi-functioning plastic brush for SEPARATION and VOLUME
Short-bristle side multiplies lashes out for dramatic volume
Long-bristle side to separate & define even tiny lashes
Spectacular lash make over with lashes visibly up to 70% longer
Duo Play Complex with Panthenol and vitamin E strengthens and adds suppleness
Ophthalmologist tested
Suitable for sensitive eyes and lens wearers

Here's a close up of the brush.  It's a plastic bristle brush with tiny spikes that are supposed to really separate and define the lashes, which I think it does really well.  It's not a wide brush at all, which makes it easy to get right up into the lash line, and get every single lash.

So here's my lashes before using High Definition mascara: 

After: 


I was pretty impressed by this mascara, and felt that it was well worth the $2.79.  I used several coats and it really added length and lift, but not too much volume, so I was disappointed with that aspect of it.  It didn't smudge under my eyes at all, or flake off, which was a good thing! 
Overall, I think this is a good mascara for the price, especially if you're looking for length, but not so much for volume.  
Stay tuned for part 2 of my Rite Aid NYC Cosmetics haul- tomorrow I'll show you the eyeliners I got for .59 cents each! 




4 comments

  1. girl i am thinking ur lashes rock no matter wut you use ! lucky (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) It's weird because before mascara, my lashes are really wimpy, but they do seem to respond well to mascara. They didn't like Maybelline's One by One for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Have you also tried the New York Color High Definition Separating Mascara?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the NYC High Definition mascara. And yes, $2.79 is a fabulous price for such a great mascara, but how about $1.29Cdn? We have a drugstore here that frequently has NYC products on sale. Anyways, awesome mascara! I just bought the Big Bold mascara and I am really looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig